Monday, February 1, 2010

Will Diane Gooch move right or left of the line?

State Republicans are taking a serious look at Monmouth County GOP Vice Chair Diane Gooch to run against U.S. Rep. Frank Pallone, in part because of the depth of her pockets.

One small obstacle for Gooch: she lives in Rumson, which is in the 12th Congressional District – not Pallone’s 6th Congressional District. Members of Congress are required only to live in the state that they represent, not the district. “I think Frank Pallone lives in Washington, so I’m much closer than he is,” said Gooch. “Literally, I’m on the line, so whether I cross the line or not, it’s right there. I think people care more about how you’re going to vote for them as opposed to if you live 50 feet left or right.”

If she moves right it probably won't matter which district she lives in; she still loses.

No comments:

Post a Comment