Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Jon Runyan worries about his "retirement"

GOP Congressional candidate Jon Runyan admits he was not a political junkie in college, or even when his career brought him to Tennessee and later Philadelphia, but he claims his conservative values were growing stronger as his NFL career was coming to an end.

"When you get close to retirement you think, I've made a good chunk of money and they just want to take more and more and more of it," he said. "I'm not going to have this income for the rest of my life. I've worked my butt off my whole life to obtain this. How do I keep it? That's when you start picking apart policy and what is actually going to affect you in each bill."

Nice to know he was thinking about his bank account when he decided to run for Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment