Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ocean County Freeloader apologizes to the unemployed

Ocean County Freeloader Joseph H. Vicari said he is a sympathetic and compassionate man who could have better articulated himself last week when he said that people receiving unemployment checks could do more to help themselves.

"Let me talk a little bit about my record, and unfortunately . . . it did not come out right, the way I said it, as many people in the room said," Vicari said. "I'll be honest with you. For the last three years, I have never or seldom been quoted at a workshop meeting," Vicari also said, expressing his frustration with the local print media. "So if you want an apology, maybe I should've weighed my words a little more. Maybe I should've went into a little bit more detail, and you're probably right on that one."

Maybe he should have kept his mouth shut. Better yet, maybe he should just resign.

No comments:

Post a Comment