Friday, January 1, 2010

Is Justin Murphy "trash-talking" Jon Runyan?

There is a post on PolitickerNJ which reports that Justin Murphy, a former committeeman from Tabernacle Township in Burlington County who had a surprisingly strong showing in the 2008 primary, says he will definitely run again. And he’s not cowed by Jon Runyan, the football star who the Burlington County GOP has recruited and already rolled out to seek the party nod to challenge U.S. Rep. John Adler.

“If the scenario unfolds where Jon Runyan faces Justin Murphy for the nomination, I can guarantee you I will be the nominee,” said Murphy. “I’m not trying to be a trash talker on that. I can tell you why in one word: abortion. If there is a choice between one pro-choice candidate and one pro-life candidate in this election, the base of the party will support me.”

Evidently Justin Murphy is convinced the base of his party believes that life begins at conception and ends at birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment