Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Big fat slob runs for office (no, it's not Chris Christie)

Former Philadelphia Eagles star Jon Runyan confirmed today that he’s interested in running for Congress in the 3rd Congressional District.

“I am seriously considering becoming a candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives in New Jersey's 3rd Congressional District. Our great country is headed in the wrong direction, and it’s clearer every day that career politicians are incapable of solving the problems we face,” he said in a statement issued this afternoon. “I am grateful for the tremendous support and encouragement I have received while talking to people throughout South Jersey about running for Congress and I look forward to having more to say on this subject in the weeks ahead.”

I wonder what kind of "people" he talks to besides GOP politicians and the handful of Eagle fans who can still remember who he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment